Managing directors from 11 Michigan road commissions have selected some of the prettiest color tour drives in their county, which the County Road Association (CRA) of Michigan has released as a “don’t miss” list for the fall. Drivers are invited to #LoveFallRoads or on Twitter at @MICountyRoads to let everyone know their favorite road site for Michigan’s fall colors. Be sure to indicate an intersection, the county, and the closest city/village. Plug intersections into your vehicle’s navigation system and stop for a picnic or lunch outside; it’s sure to make a successful fall outing.
- Lakeshore Drive from Oceana Drive to Iris Road
- Hawley from Pere Marquette Highway to Walhalla Road
- South Masten Road to Washington Road and the Ruby Creek area
- North Lakeshore Drive along Hamlin Lake
- Custer Road from Hogue Road to US-10
- Additional Routes can be found here