According to the Mason County Press a fire was extinguished at the Reinberg Avenue Apartments. The apartments are located at, 103 N. Reinberg Avenue in Scottville. Both the Scottville and Custer fire departments responded to the structural fire around 10:30 pm Sunday night. Other law enforcement arrived shortly after to help evacuate the residents of the apartments.
According to Scottville Fire Chief, Dale Larr, the fire seemed to start when a ceiling fan dropped down onto a rug in the bathroom. There was a small fire with smoke spreading through out the building. Firefighters used a high-pressure fan to remove any smoke from the building.
Scottville Fire Department, Custer Fire Department, Scottville Police Department, Mason County Sheriff’s Office, Michigan State Police and Life EMS ambulance were the emergency teams to respond to the scene.