Menu

 
 

Porch Fire in Manistee

A cigarette butt causes a house fire in Manistee.

Manistee Fire Department were dispatched to a house on Ninth Street, Monday morning, for a report of visible flames. Upon arrival, firefighters noticed the flames were coming from the front porch and extinguished it to prevent it from spreading into the home. The fire caused damage to the rim joist, porch boards, structural support and some furring strips. The affected boards were sawed off and the ruined siding was removed from the exterior. Damage is estimated to be less than three-thousand-dollars. The cause of the fire is believed to be a cigarette butt in a flower pot.

back to top