A Mason County house fire is under investigation.
A home in Custer Township caught fire just before noon, yesterday, while crews were installing siding. The owner of the house, rents out the home but was in the process of doing renovations. The cause of the fire is said to be ember coming from a fire burning in the backyard. When fire crews arrived on scene, the house was engulfed in flames, causing decreased visibility across US-10. The fire was put out within 20 minutes. Scottville, Custer, Pere Marquette and Branch Township Fire Departments were all called to the scene.