Probable cause for garage fire in Manistee is uncovered. The hobby garage went up on in flames on 185 Taylor street the first of this month. The Michigan State police, the Manistee police, and the property owners insurance say that it is probable that the cause of the fire was the use of a welder operated by a private contractor thawing a frozen water line at an adjacent property. Further investigation is still taking place. Nearly a dozen antique cars were destroyed, no one was injured however.