big game square pool



Dr. Stich Resigns From VP Position At WSCC

Dr. Lisa Stich, Vice President of Academics & Student Services, submitted her resignation to President Kenneth Urban effective on April 1. Dr. Stich served in that position for approximately five years. 

While the college did not intend to release a public statement regarding Dr. Stich’s resignation beyond notifying the staff, which the president had already done.

It is not the college’s current or prior practice to send statements or news releases on resignations and retirements of staff unless the departing staff member requests such public notification. Lisa did not request such a release.

The college plans to conduct a search for a new vice president and will begin the process in the near future.

SSCENT Team Busts Van For Being Mobile Meth Lab

It’s where art imitates life, like a scene out of the popular television series ‘Breaking Bad’.  Instead of Heisenberg in a Winnebago, it was the Sscent team busting a van.  It happened Sunday night in a local grocery store parking lot.  At least five witnesses were there.  Our tipster says a similar incident happened within the month in the Lake County area.  MOM news has heard other reports of mobile meth labs in several areas of Mason County.  Law enforcement officials are being tight-lipped about all of the incidents.

Mark Vipperman No Longer In Postion At SHLH

Mark Vipperman, president of Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital is no longer in his position. 

During the search for a new president, Randy Stasik will assume responsibility for leading the local hospital.  Stasik is also president of Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial in Freemont. 

In a press release to MOM news, hospital officials say that Vipperman played an integral role in the Ludington Hospital integration with Spectrum, three years ago. 

The press release does not specify whether Vipperman’s departure was voluntary or involuntary.

Fire Causes Damage At Manistee Area Apartment

According to Manistee Public Safety Director David Bachman, at 1:42 pm Tuesday afternoon units were dispatched to Lake View apartments.

When units arrived they discovered smoke coming from the second floor apartment, they confirmed the occupants were safely out.

The apartment was filled with smoke and too hot for anyone without protective gear to enter. Ventilation was established which helped bring the situation under control.

The apartment suffered fire and heavy smoke damage. There were no injuries to the citizens or any firefighters. The rest of the units were re-occupied after the fire crews left.

The fire was caused when an occupant tried to fry chicken. The grease got too hot and ignited on top of the stove. The occupant tried to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, which resulted in pushing the fire into the cabinets and ceiling.

Subscribe to this RSS feed